A few days ago, for the second time, Vanessa started with a fever and a headache. Just randomly out of no where. My first thought went back to her follow up in Febuary. The neurologist told me as I left his office "Be on the look out for any symptoms a cold, fever, headache, paralysis. Watch her carefully and if any of these symptoms persists take her to the ER immediatly." I couldn't get those thoughts out of my head and if I'm honest with you they still linger. I am a woman of faith and it is because of my faith that I'm still here. Clinging on to my God and His promises during this season in our lives. I am thankful to the Lord that the fever/headache went away after 4 days. I didn't medicate her at home because during her stay in the hospital her liver was weakened. Using only natural supplements, I prayed over her and put my daughter and fear in the Lord Jesus' hands. Thank God we didn't need to go to the hospital and she is at home feeling better and being her silly self. With this second episode she has shown signs of possible inflammation still happening, therefore, I have decided I am not going to wait around any longer for this to happen again (God forbid). I am working with a Functional Medicine Doctor who is helping us look in depth to Vanessa's Myelitis in hopes to find remission for my daughter maybe even a reversal of the disease. Autoimmune disease are unpredictable so we don't know what to expect. I know that the Lord will provide a way for us. Since my daughter is the 15th child to be diagnosed with TM (Transverse Myelitis- an autoimmune disease that attacks the myelin in the brain causing inflammation in the brain and spine that leads to paralysis, severe pain, fevers, muscle loss, weight loss, inability to use her bladder) she has become a clinical study. I know her Doctors don't mean any harm but I will not allow her to be medicated just to see if a medication will work, unless she absolutely needs it. As her Doctors research her condition so do I. I will do what I can knowing that God will do what I can't. She needs genetic testing, therapy, imaging, and tons of blood work that her insurance doesn't cover. Her therapy alone is $1200 for just 6 months of sessions. Genetic testing is $400. Supplements are about $1000 and the blood work is close to $2000. Imaging is a whole another expensive issue. Its overwhelming but not impossible. I told myself that I would save up the money but with this last scare and my current illnesses all of a sudden my embarrassment of asking for help has vanished. Now I am desperate! I beg you for your help. This autoimmune disease has impacted our lives severely. Both emotionally and physically. On top of this, the stress that this situation has caused me has made me severely ill with multiple conditions. At this moment in my life, I'm just begging the Lord to help me make it one day at a time. I am so grateful for all the love and support everyone has shown towards my daughters & I. I continue to beg you for your prayers for strenght, wisdom, peace, joy. A few of the things that get robbed from us during difficult times in our lives. So whether it be $5 or $500 ANYTHING helps! I also ask you to please spread the word to help us achieve our goal. Share Vanessa's healing miracle with the world. All glory to the Lord Jesus our God for having risen her from her paralysis.
Blessings, Linda <3